Monday 4 February 2013

Yarn Wrapped Wreath

I find a lot of wreath tutorials to be entirely too ornate and/or "country" for my taste.  My ideal wreath is bright and fun and *S*P*E*C*T*A*C*U*L*A*R*...  a wreath for the modern woman, if you will.  ;)  After much searching, I found a project that fit my very exacting specifications in a December 2011 print version (how retro) of Better Homes and Gardens!


Word.



As a crafter with a touch of self-diagnosed A.D.D.and O.C.D., I ask myself two key questions before embarking on a crafting/cooking journey of any kind:   1) Is it going to take all #%^* day? and 2) Is it likely to turn out EXACTLY like the photo?    For those keeping score: Answer key = 1) NO 2) YES.  I'm working on my patience and creativity (Really - I am!), but until then I'm sticking to my No-Yes system.  

The instructions from the magazine seemed pretty straightforward.  Yup...  I can TOTALLY wrap a 
wreath form in yarn.  Felt flowers?  Sure, why not?  Glue gun?  I thought you'd never ask!





Behold...
My completed yarn wrapped wreath!


I decided to hang my creation using a piece of co-ordinating ribbon threaded through a binder ring and then hanging that binder ring on the wreath hook itself.  After I came up with this nifty idea (and was a little too proud of myself),  I went scoping Pinterest for other wreath hanging methods and found this little gem.  **Must remember to do that when I hang a wreath on the front door.**


For science.




Other sites with yarn wrapped wreaths that caught my eye:


Oleander and Palm
The color combination in this spring wreath is very striking.

CaseyLeeCrafts
Her work is absolutely lovely!

Monochomatic version
If anybody knows the creator of this work, gimme a shout.  For now, I grabbed it off of Tipjunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment